7.22.2006

Finding a Kindred Spirt

When you're online, sometimes things happen. You come across sites, get emails, and things lead to where you meet up with several people who share the same interests as you and you strike up an online friendship. In the time I've spent online, I've met many friends who fit that bill.

But there's one online friend who I've met recently whose become like a kindred spirit in a way when it comes to film making.

It all started back in January, when I was looking over the YouTube website and came across some werewolf film I hadn't seen before, called "Dense Fear". After seeing the five minutes of clips about the film, I then visited the website and found out more about the guy who wrote and directed the film, Tony Gardner. Intrigued by this movie and eager to see more, I emailed him about it and he was kind enough to respond.

Since then, we've exchanged emails and soon after, began to chat online, All the while, he kept me updated about his film, including giving me a chance to see the completed movie (which I enjoyed a lot) as well as his other film projects. He also told me about his plans for the sequel to this movie while I told him about my initial M1F project, "Mark of the Wolf".

We've exchanged segments of each other's scripts and our ideas about what our films will be about. And I don't know, in some way, I've become more inspired to work on my script after each of our chats. Maybe it's the fact, that somewhere out there, I have an online friend and supporter who's just a huge werewolf fan as I am and is taking the initiative, to actually do a werewolf movie on his own. Like me, his first film was a werewolf movie and he plans on making the sequel bigger than the first one. And the more he shows me his work, the more psyched I am on seeing it when he's done. And he is even more eager to see what my film will look like when I get it completed.

From what Tony tells me, he plans on starting "Dense Fear II: Bloodline" sometime in September and the photos and info he's been providing looks great. If you want to know more about it, check out his blog here .

I wish Tony the best of luck putting this film together. From one fan and friend to another, let's hope that both of our movie projects do well.

No comments: